Thread: New person. Hello

New person. Hello

Hey everyone, my name is Anthony. I currently live in Lincoln, NE and drive a Mini Cooper S. I am new to the whole road racing scene. Never been to a track even though it has crossed my mind before. I look forward to getting to Hastings and MAM this year to get my introduction to HDPE. The first event I will possibly be able to attend will be at Motorsports park in May. Currently my mini is in the garage without a transmission, so it will all depend on when parts arrive. I look forward to meeting everyone and starting a strengthening my driving skills.

Here is my '04 Cooper S:

Last fall/winter it spent most of its time looking like this while i rebuilt the new motor for it.

Last edited by R35P3CT; 03-07-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Hi Anthony,

Welcome to NASA. You'll have a blast. I came through the HPDE program while crew chiefing and coaching my team mate to a regional championship in American Iron. I'm going to Comp School at Gateway.
    HPDE is the most fun I've had behind the wheel and I've been racing or wrenching on something since I was 15.

BTW, I just bought a R56 (07) Mini Cooper S this week. It's a lot of fun. Get the transaxle back in yours and we'll see you at Hastings.

j
    Jim
    CC/Driver
    Team UBR
    AI- Former Fox, now S197 Mustang #76- Jim<-- 2012, 2013 Central Region AI runner up (Always a bridesmaid)
    AI- 2013 Mustang #75- Mark <-- 2011 Midwest and 2012, 2013 Central AI Champion
    SM- Miata #7.7- Tom and the UBR Enduro Team
    TeamUBR on Facebook

Welcome and enjoy the ride. See you at Hastings.

Hi Anthony. Ivan Burke here, Hastings in May will be my first event with NASA
    also. I will be moving up from HPDE to TT there. Look me up I will have an RV there.
    My car is a green 71 vette with black hood # 016.

Ivan

Anthony, welcome to NASA. I oversee the HPDE program for NASA Central and am always delighted to meet new drivers coming out to the track for their first event. I vividly remember my first HPDE events where I started with NASA Mid Atlantic and it truly is a rush to get your car on the track. The mini is looking good. Hope it all comes together by the May Hastings event. Look forward to seeing you there. Feel free to email or call anytime if you have questions about getting started.

Todd Smith
    Central Region Director
    todd@driveNASAcentral.com
    816-812-4073

Super Moderator bryancohnracing's Avatar
    Welcome Anthony! You get the bravery award as unless I'm wrong, you did al that work outdoors, correct? No more complaining from me about it being to cold to work in my heated garage!

Love the color combo on your car, btw. See you in May!
    Bryan Cohn
    Chief of Driver Development
    NASA Central
    bryancohn@drivenasacentral.com

Quote Originally Posted by bryancohnracing View Post
    Welcome Anthony! You get the bravery award as unless I'm wrong, you did al that work outdoors, correct? No more complaining from me about it being to cold to work in my heated garage! Love the color combo on your car, btw. See you in May!
    I did probably 90% of the work in the driveway. Putting on the accessories and front clip were about the only things that were done in my heated garage. I had to fight for the space I did get then. My brother and I have too many toys that fill our garage. Multiple bikes and a couple fox body mustangs along with his lightning are #1 priority for garage space.

Here is what my driveway looked like while i was cleaning it out for my MINI. The only vehicle that I dont own in this pic is the wrx wagon. That belongs to my brother.
    Last edited by R35P3CT; 03-15-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Super Moderator bryancohnracing's Avatar
    An original Mini stored outdoors? Your collection of cars is as strange as mine! Funny how no matter how big the garage/shop its never big enough....
    Bryan Cohn
    Chief of Driver Development
    NASA Central
    bryancohn@drivenasacentral.com

Convert that old Mini into a Ring Mini!
    Joel Karns
    NASA CR Race Director
    Spec Miata #74 SM (2012 Runner Up)